The support provided by Globe Guilders to The Old Globe touches practically every aspect of its operation. Guilders’ support activities include:
- Fundraising for artistic and arts engagement programs
- Producing the highly-acclaimed annual Celebrating Couture Fashion Show – a year-long team effort
- Coordinating fundraising tours to social and entertainment events
- Supporting The Old Globe and University of San Diego Shiley Graduate Theatre Program
- Encouraging attendance to The Old Globe by coordinating group events for each production
- Hosting December Nights at The Old Globe every Holiday season
- Welcoming visiting actors, producers, directors, writers, set and costume designers, technicians and Globe staff members by hosting Company Call and Meet & Greet receptions. This is a most welcome privilege of membership!
- Promoting The Old Globe’s artistic and arts engagement programs through personal relationships, social media and the Globe Guilders website
- Fostering collaboration with other philanthropic organizations, for mutual benefit
- Serving as goodwill ambassadors for The Old Globe in the community
Many Guilders are also involved in other aspects of volunteering at The Old Globe, such as working with the Arts Engagement department as Globe Docents. Volunteer support provided by Globe Guilders saves thousands of dollars for The Old Globe every year. In addition, our volunteer members receive great satisfaction from promoting and sustaining the performing arts in San Diego at The Old Globe.